Of everything I’ve reformatted to date, this is the first page I’ve (metaphorically) had to burn down and rebuild anew. Not in the sense of “man, the page sucks it’s time to redo it!” or even “hey, this would look good here! *render render render*.” No. Need it, wanted to keep it… and due to the quirks of construction, what there was – with the exception of what you see above – completely uneditable. Serious crap. Serious. All audio cues – all the song lyrics – are going. Legal concerns, general distaste… a BIG FAT TYPO on this page… The page looks better without that mess, honestly.
Oh, and I added a panel to gloss over the removal of Thad, which you couldn’t really see clearly anyway. A nice gloomy “sunrise” shot to help segue into minimal palette at the core of the scene.
Fun fact – the twenty or so pages after this one (right up to reentry -14-) were formatted and tweaked before I got to this one. The type thing – the type thing, and trying to figure out what to do about the type thing – shoved this page onto the back burner until tonight (April 14th). I’ve been working on a new, more accurate 3d dummy for future production shots. Development of the base form has progressed rapidly – a little over two days and it’s ready for linking. I had every intention of getting on with that tonight when I smacked into a wall and spent a good two or three hours just kind of plonking around – minor adjustments to head geometry, scoping the thing out from a million different angles and generally just not wanting to work on it, commissions… anything, really. So I got onto this to get away from that.
Now this is done, and it’s Beer O’Clock.