I'd planned to do a chapter a day like I'd more or less done with the DCR and TV audits, but the idea of that much tedium spread out over that much time didn't sit well with me. I sucked it up and plowed through it in three work sessions - the original "test" chapter, two through Expulsion yesterday, then everything else this morning.
The major achievement is the removal of all links to the old version of the website - the book now has a solid, self-contained data structure for the first time in a couple of years. I've also pruned out a lot of dead links, removed a bunch of unnecessary links, updated the links I deemed necessary, did some editing and some culling. I also altered the formatting - prior to the audit, nearly every page of The Dualist had a Movable Type tag in the entry. This pulled in the formatting for the "first edition metadata" splitter with the notion of retaining some form of forward malleability.
I've also culled some (not all, but some) of the emo. My consistency in this respect made sense in the second edition commentary, but to see myself stuck in a loop on a few specific issues for years was a bit disturbing. Fortunately I've quit drinking (for the time being) and I've more or less got my diet sorted, so two of the major sources of whinging are currently moot.
I also removed a shitload of "woot" and "ph34r" and variations thereof. I didn't get 'em all, but they have been culled from an incessant refrain to every so often.
There's only one major thing left to do for The Dualist and Transitional Voices,* and that's to create a hardcopy-scale file for each page. The "live" area is already the right size, mind you - they just need their gutters expanded. That's a photoshop batch action, and that's something I can do later.
Now that this bit of work is out of the way, the way is clear for some more work on the Universe (hah!) and the DCR.4 script.
My current goal for DCR is figuring out how to cram DCR.4 and DCR.5 into 50 pages or less. I've already cut the equivalent of an entire chapter from the story - now I need to figure out how to cram the last handful of scenes into a reasonable page count. I'd like to be on TV.2 this time next year, and I consider the script and this little bit of site maintenance to be steps in that direction.
* DCR is produced with the print-scale gutters. I use a photoshop action to crop and scale the page to web presentation, instead of simply dropping it to 600x900 like I've done with the color books. When TV resumes it'll be guttered and actioned like DCR.