As there's been no visible progress since my last status update a couple of weeks ago, and as it's a new month (this year is whipping by even faster than the last five!), I figure it's time for a general status update.
In no particular order:
1. The TD2E script is complete. The remaining original TD1E pages still need to be relettered - Getting the script done was a horribly expensive process and I've been doing freelance in order to eat for the past couple of weeks. It sucks, but there it is. These pages will be lettered as soon as my current list of commissions has been whittled down.
2. The TV.1 script is partially rewritten, thanks largely to writing inertia and having packed the remaining pages of TD1E in with the TV binder for portability. The TV.1 rewrite is plot-identical to the first edition, though several core bits of character personality, backstory and exposition have changed. The goal is to finish the rewrite within the next few weeks, and to start work on it as soon as The Dualist is re-completed.
3, I CAN HAS PC. Finally. No more limping along in VMWare without hardware 3d support. Still need to replace my "light table," but that's a trip to Lowes/Home Depot with the paycheck after this one. A sheet of plexi won't be expensive, but a round trip to the waterfront is three to four hours of my life. And I need that time for other things at the moment.
4. There has been no work done towards the next edition of the website. I know what I'm going to change and how I'm going to do it, I just don't see the point in stopping everything else to get it done. Webwork will hopefully happen in December or January - by then I should either know how to implement the "spoilers [on] [off]" and "devnotes [on] [off]" options I'd like to put into the new site, or I'll have figured out how to live without them.
5. DCR.2 and TV.2 plot work is back on deck. As I'm quickly coming up on finishing with TD2E and TV.1b, my imagination is lurching forward with the story. With TV.2, I'm weighing story and CG, trying to think through what needs told and what needs shown and figuring out how to balance them in a fashion that will keep new CG to an absolute minimum. With DCR the concerns are similar, though it's long been a question of "is it worth it to model the outside of 'gheny?" I hope to have that answer before the year is out.
5.B. While I'd like to keep DCR as "the thing I do when ATC is rendering," there's a very real possibility I'll be forced to Choose One in order to make meaningful progress through 2010. DCR is the likely candidate - while DCR and TV are roughly the same length, DCR has much lighter production requirements and almost all of its vehicle CG is complete.
6. Production-wise, the new pages I've mentioned previously (total : 10) are still being held up on the CG front. Fortunately at this point the geometry is effectively complete and it's a matter of texturing. How long this process will take, I don't know. Fortunately, the two objects I need to progress TD2E are also two important objects I need to progress DCR, so I'm in sort of a win-win situation here - sitting on my ass is now holding up both projects.
Fortunately, one of the two bits I need, while not necessarily complete, is at the Good Enough point and will be usable for production in TD2E. I've stuck it in the "Extended" section of the entry to keep it off the front page, as at this point it's technically a spoiler.